Date of Update - 15th August 2020
Please read to find out what measures PLD are taking in response to the advice of Public Health England (PHE) and the Department for Education (DfE).
In order to protect our staff and young people, we will be following the guidance for full opening of schools, published on the 7th August 2020 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/actions-for-schools-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/guidance-for-full-opening-schools
The key points of this are summarised below:
1) minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend scheduled sessions
2) clean hands thoroughly more often than usual
3) ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
4) introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach
5) minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible
6) where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
Staff and young people should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, or have a sudden loss of taste and smell and arrange to be tested as soon as possible.
If tested positive then everyone must follow government guidance to self isolate for 10 days after symptoms develop.
Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal.
If staff, young people or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they will be sent home. Please ensure that we have up to date contact and emergency contact details.
Alongside this up to date guidance, you will be expected to self isolate for 14 days if you have travelled to a country on holiday that is not covered by the following exemptions:
covered by the travel corridor exemption
within the common travel area - Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man
British overseas territories